Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reflections thus far

So at about the halfway point through this little experiment, I've come to the following conclusions:

1. it is both very easy and very difficult to live as a freegan, in winter, in a northern climate.
2. we do not always need everything we think we need.
3. with a little bit of creativity, we can get all we want without spending a ton of money.

More on that as I come closer to the end.

I know that when this experiment is over, I will be spending my money in a more just and less wasteful manner. Though it isn't the be-all and end-all of our society, it has incredible power and can bring joy (Bill Gates? Warren Buffett? Bono?) or misery (Madoff? AIG?)

OK, off to figure out how I'm going to pay my (necessary!) Hydro and phone bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment